Aberdeen Clinical Academic Training Scheme Scholarships
Aberdeen Clinical Academic Training Scheme, University of Aberdeen, have several scholarships available for both internal and external students interested in getting experience in an area of cutting-edge research. Placements are all in leading research groups and laboratories. For some this is the start of a clinical academic career. These scholarships have a strong track-record leading to oral and poster national/international conference presentations and even journal publications.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2019 SCHOLARSHIPS. HOWEVER, MOST SCHOLARSHIPS RUN ANNUALLY, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR 2020 SCHOLARSHIPS DURING TERM 1 OF THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR OUR ABERDEEN SUMMER RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM (ANNUALLY DURING TERM 1) TO SEE PRESENTATIONS FROM PREVIOUS SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS.
University of Aberdeen Medical and Dental Students Only (INTERNAL)
- ASRS (Aberdeen Summer Research Studentship) for medical and dental students following years 1 or 2. More info here.
- HOTSTART (Innes Will, Flora Gow Murray Endowment & Development Trust Scholarships) for medical, dental and medical science students (including intercalating medical students) following years 2, 3 or 4 . More info here.
- MRC Centre for Medical Mycology Scholarship for senior intercalating medical students. More info here.
University of Aberdeen Medical and Dental Students Only (EXTERNAL)
- INSPIRE International Scholarships for Medical & Dental Students
- This is a 6-8 week summer research project
- External national or international leading centre for research
- Open to year 3 and year 4 medical and dental students
- Must have shown clear commitment to clinical academia
- The scholarship will cover travel, accommodation and subsistence (total scholarship value £4000, of which stipend is £185/week for maximum of 8 weeks).
- Full details of the 2019 Scholarship is available here
External Medical Students Only (for any Medical/Dental Students out with University of Aberdeen)
- INSPIRE National scholarships
- Medical & dental students from Universities within UK (not University of Aberdeen)
- £2000 (stipend £125/week for 8 weeks + £1000 for living expenses)
- Undertake a research project, under supervision of an academic supervisor at the University of Aberdeen
- You must have identified a project supervisor from the University of Aberdeen
- INSPIRE-National Scholarship Flyer
For further information, please direct inquireis to Professor Phyo Myint, ACAT Director